Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yum Yum Yum

I am traveling for work this week and am in the Kansas City area. The first night I was here I noticed…. they have a Whole Foods!!  No TJ’s but a Whole Foods none the less.

So tonight I went on a little shopping spree

067 Inside of my bag (when I am really excited… I take really dorky pictures)!

068 The Loot!!

069 The left side of things:

Three Vita CoCo

Noosa – Mango Yogurt

Two Dark Chocolate Bars

Quinoa and Black Bean Salad made in the Whole Foods deli!

070

The right side:

Siggi’s Pomegranate and Passion Fruit

Peanut Butter and Company’s Cinnamon Raison Swirl Peanut Butter

Five Squeezable packs of different flavors of Justin’s Nut Butters

And the bottom corner of my reusable bag

071

I am embarrassed to even show this… this is what remains of the two cookies I bought. I ate half of each on the way home :(.

Monster Cookie – It was good, kind of hard but good. I loved that is wasn’t overly sweet like most monster cookies.

Carrot n Raison Sugar Cookie – Oh this was sooo good! Go get one now!!

So after I ate half of each cookies … I unpacked my goods and

Well…

I dug in!!

I didn’t eat any of the Not butters or the chocolate. Those are coming back to North Dakota with me.

I did try the:

Siggi’s – it was good. So I am not a huge greek yogurt fan in the sense of just eating it (love using it in recipes and as a sour cream replacement) So I was nervous to try Siggi’s … I was pleasantly surprised. It was tart but smooth. It had the slight sweetness of the fruit but didn’t over power my taste buds. I think it would rock mixed with blueberries or strawberries.

The Mango Noosa – This might have been one of the best things to ever touch my lips! No Joke! I am going to request this at my store back home. It would have been good for breakfast but even better for dessert!!!

Quinoa and Black Bean Salad – Keep in mind I have never had Quinoa but I did enjoy it. It was kind of onion-y and strong on the parsley but it was good. It had a lot of flavor. I think when I get home I am going to try to use it as a pasta replacement in a recipe.

Vita-Coco – Regular Coconut – I love the how refreshing it is! I love the slight hint of coconut and it has a creaminess.

Keep in mind I only tried them all … didn’t want to put myself into a binge comma but my first trip to Whole Foods ever was a true success.

I will keep you updated on my others products as I try them!! Yay to new foods!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I bought that EXACT SAME YOGURT! Tried it this morning and it was an epic failure. Have you had it before? I think mine might have gone off, because it tasted like questionable sour cream......I was v. sad.

    ReplyDelete