Friday, July 2, 2010

Why I live where I do ....

A little bit about my yesterday....

Biked to Island Park to meet a friend for some tennis action.

I learned: Tennis is tough – it looks like you just stand there and hit the ball but it is a lot of running and little bursts of energy. I took lessons when I was like 10 or so and I still have a racquet but I don't remember it being so exhausting. Lesson learned... bring more water.
Oh then we hit up the pool – it was in the 90’s yesterday so the pool was amazing. I hadn't been to the public pool in years. It was the best $2.75 I spent all week. I agree, it is a little over priced but... it was 90 degrees... that called for some cooling off action.
Then we headed downtown for smoothies at Atomic Coffee. I had a 5 Fruit Combination it was great!! We were pleasantly surprised it was 'Cruisin Broadway' a carshow they have the first Thursday of every month. I hadn't been to one since last summer and my friend had never. He was like a kid in a candy store with all the old cars and sweet paint jobs.


He insisted we have an Irish Car Bomb, so we did and a beer. Then biking home. It was a lovely little night of activity.

 If I end up moving I have this feeling that it won’t be close enough to downtown and the amazing Island Park, or my running park Lindenwood or all the other amazing places that come from living near the center of the city --- sigh
I currently life in the older part of town, close to historic homes, beautiful parks, downtown culture, cute restaurants and interesting people.

If I move it will be like living in the suburbs with parks that are just manufactured  playgrounds and bike trails as your only option. No little shops that sell the most random things. No bakeries that crossover into quaint lunch stops (with amazing Gelato). Just houses, and roads, and super stores... ho hum!!!

You know that saying you never know what you have till it's gone? I am starting to realize that more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment