Sunday, June 13, 2010

Chicago Day 1

Last weekend I headed to Chicago for my cousin’s wedding. I actually flew in a day earlier by myself to spend a little time seeing the town that is Chicago.

031

Of course during the Stanley Cup Playoffs the town was decorated in BlackHawks gear. This is the lion outside the Art Institute of Chicago.

034 

 

038

 

039

I love the architecture!! Look at these windows.

041

What is more amazing that this fountain in Millennium Park?? The kids dancing and playing it the water!

045 

047 Look at that skyline!!

049 There is something about a river flowing through a city that reminds me of home!052 

054 Of course the John Hancock building.

058

059

069

077 This fountain was stunning and I didn’t know what it meant. When I got home I googled ‘Red Fountain Chicago’ it turns out they dyed it red as a tribute to the BlackHawks as they were playing in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Seriously, I love me some team spirit.

Day one ended when my parents arrived and we headed to Gino’s East to have an amazing slice of Chicago Pizza!! Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment