Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wish it was Sunday... that's my Funday

Monday Monday Monday .... Yes it is Tuesday but I am writing about Monday :)

Workout:
Monday's is BodyPump, them some cardio. I love, love, love BodyPump. It is a great full body workout and it pushes you to the next level. BUUUUTTT... this not so smart girl pushed half my lower body harder than the other... Please note that I hate lunges and ever since I have been having some knee pain I really dread them. I had already decided that I was going to do lunges with no extra weight to try to save my knee for my run, then the instructor announced that we would be doing the most difficult Lunge song... sigh! So here I go on our 5 min song of lunges and working my left leg and then a break. I am pretty sure she says 'Ok now again with a couple more on the end'.... So I was thinking two sets... not switch legs. The song got over and I had way over worked my left leg and my poor right leg was feeling left out. Today -- a little sore :(
EATS:
I have been trying very hard to cut more processed food out of my diet. I know that I will never be a completely clean eater but the less frozen meals the better!! So last night I had all intention of making some spicy chicken breast and sweet potato fries. Someone (me) forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer. On my way home from the gym, I decided to pick up some produce at the grocery store and maybe a new dinner idea. And there it, smelled delicious -- glistening brown!! Rotisserie Chicken!! The answer to my problems! It was a great big one and for $7 my lunches for the week were decided. So Rotisserie Chicken, Sweet Potato fries and steamed asparagus.

Sweet Potato fries -- Amazing!! I just cut up the sweet potatoes (the
hardest part), put them on a cookie sheet that I have already sprayed with Pam
Olive Oil and put in the oven at 375 degrees. After 10 min, I season them with
Chili Powder, Cinnamon, and a little salt. Then let them cook for another 3 min.
I then flip them over and let the cook for about 7-10 minutes. I like mine
crispy so sometimes I pull the smaller ones out and let the larger ones cook for a little longer.


Grocery Store Goodies:
I love trying new things but there are some staples I can't live with out.
J'adore:

1. Ziploc Zip n Steam -- I steam everything!! Asparagus, Corn on the Cob, Green beans, Potatoes !!!




2.Frozen Fruit. It makes smoothies so easy!! I buy frozen fruit with no added sugar! Perfect!



3 and 4 - Light Coolwhip -- I keep it frozen and drizzle a little sugar free chocolate syrup on top.



I am trying some new products this week too so I will let you know how I like them.
Happy Tuesday
J




No comments:

Post a Comment